Our first Green Deal apprentices have now completed their training and have gone on to full time employment either with us or within the construction industry here in the North West.
The apprentices came a long way in their knowledge and skills development and gained invaluable experience by being on site with skilled tradespeople to learn from.
The modules that made up their academic training are detailed below, and all of these modules are designed to equip them with key skills that will be with them throughout their working life.
· External Wall Insulation boarding: they have fitted boarding both mechanically and with adhesive, working with both phenolic & EPS boards
· Fitting of base track to external walls
· Application of base coat and mesh
· Customer Service
· Health and Safety
· Employment Rights and responsibilities
· Understanding Green Deal
· Functional Skills in English and Maths
We were delighted to be able to offer this training and look forward to our next apprenticeship scheme.